On the morning of April 21, the Hunan Provincial Department of Natural Resources, the Hunan Provincial Party History Research Institute, and the Hunan Provincial Department of Culture and Tourism officially issued the new "Hunan Party History Learning and Education Map" and "Hunan Red Tourism Map". Hunan has 211,800 square kilometers of land, enjoying abundant revolutionary resources. The maps display important Party history figures and events, and varied red or revolutionary resources in an all-round way.
A portion of the Hunan Party History Learning and Education Map.
The "Hunan Party History Learning and Education Map" uses the general map of Hunan Province as the baseplate to present important party history figures and events, and red resources in the forms of both pictures and texts.
The map shows the following information during the centenary of the Communist Party of China (CPC), including:
- brief introduction of 343 Hunan-born important party history figures;
- more than 120 major events in Hunan;
- 52 major events in Hunan’s party history;
- 18 briefings on Party delegate meetings after the liberation of China in 1949;
- 104 old revolutionary base areas in counties (cities, districts);
- 118 recommended nearby venues for on-site party history learning and education;
- 89 recommended sites for party history learning and education carried out by relevant industries;
- route map of Red Army Long March in Hunan;
- fight situation maps of the five revolutionary base areas in Jinggangshan; west of Hunan and Hubei; Hunan and Jiangxi; Hunan, Hubei and Jiangxi; and, Hunan, Hubei, Sichuan and Guizhou.
A portion of the Hunan Red Tourism Map.
The "Hunan Red Tourism Map" uses the general map of Hunan Province as the baseplate and displays various red tourism resources. It mainly shows:
- 94 classic red tourism scenic spots;
- 342 revolutionary key cultural relics protection units;
- 158 patriotism education bases;
- 42 key Party spirit education bases;
- 12 red tourist routes marking the centenary of CPC;
- 146 tourist attractions at 4A-level and above;
- 21 copies of graphic documents for red tourist attractions;
- sketch maps of red tourist railway line connecting Shaoshan and Jinggangshan, Mao Zedong and Xiao Zisheng's study tour in 1917, and Mao Zedong's investigation of Hunan peasant movement in 1927;
- Hunan tourism resources graph; and,
- ecological protection red line.
The paper wall maps, fold-out maps, silk maps, and electronic maps, were also released.
This article is from Hunan Provincial Government www.enghunan.gov.cn.
Translator: Xiao Juan
Chinese source: hunan.gov.cn